The Boothbay Harbor Sewer District was formed in 1959, for the purpose of developing the means to improve the water quality in Boothbay Harbor and from that, the health condition of our community and improve our quality of life. The mission objectives define the District Board of Trustees commitment to the public, and guide us in our endeavor.
The Board of Trustees of the Boothbay Harbor Sewer District is dedicated to:
- Identifying the various sewage problems in and around the Boothbay Harbor region;
- Executing its duties in accordance with Federal and State Law, and most importantly, public trust;
- Seeking sewage treatment solutions that will provide optimum public health safety, reflect a strong cost/benefit ratio, and provide for strong economic development;
- Consulting with and holding public hearings for the property owners affected;
- Soliciting federal and state grants to assist the community financially, and
- Studying carefully the recommendations from our citizens and from professional sources, and implementing a community supported wastewater and treatment system designed for today and flexible for tomorrow.